SAY NO TO HUMAN TRAFFICKING

Saturday 31 March 2012

saturday crafting with sissix

hi fellow bloggers - I treated myself to a set of framelits by sizzix from hobbycraft this week as I had seen them befoe and thought they were a bit reminiscent of Rennie McIntosh designs. I have made a sympathy card with them by using the middle as a mat to stamp an image on and also because I wanted a solid image on the sides to look like embossing I put tape on the back to hold the pieces that would normally come out. I also cut the sides off the ornate cross to use as corner embellishments I have used:
  • centura pearl white card
  • sizzix framelits set Ironwork frame
  • a docrafts cross stamp from their set for confirmations
  • versamark ink
  • gold embossing powder
  • graphite double faced satin ribbon
  • sizzix ornate cross

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bea, that framelet makes me jealous - super! Such an elegant card - love how you used the borders. I used to love Hobby Craft when we stayed in London... Sorry that I have not been visiting, am still travelling.
    Hugs,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica - hope you are getting some time to craft or get inspiration on your travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so beautiful!! Sympathy cards are the hardest and you have done an amazing job!! The framelit is so gorgeous!! This is beautiful :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - they are always welcome