SAY NO TO HUMAN TRAFFICKING

Monday 8 September 2014

Re purposed containers


Hi fellow bloggers
I have been reusing my stash and found these two boxes that I had kept because I really liked them but didn't want the branding on the lid and just had them in a craft cupboard til I decided what to do with them. They originally held a breakfast set.

I have been revisiting my dies and thought I could use them to decorate the round lids. I covered one lid with fuschia pink thick paper adhered with a strong pva glue. Then I stamped all over with a text stamp in black and edged with black soot distress ink. The centre was made from a spellbinders circular die which was also inked while still in the die with black soot distress ink. The cente is stacked fringed flowers from a Sizzix die that I won from a blog hop by Eileen Hull. The flowers were stamped again with a script stamp and edged with the black soot ink pad. The centre was then fixed to the lid using wooden beads that toned in and organza ribbon that was inked in parts with black soot ink. Once all was dry the lid was given 4 coats of watered down PVA glue to ensure it stayed protected.. I liked the original box so didn't cover that as I think the colour scheme of the lid goe well with the original black & white box. The photo of the main box is a bit glossy in the picture - apologies but I am not a good photographer It is now are being used in my craft room. The second one is under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - they are always welcome